Dr Bollmann, Anti-Aging and Skin Care Specialist
You might wonder why the cost of organic foods are through the roof. Here are some reasons why.
Top 10 factors contributing to the high price of organic food:
1. No chemicals = more labor
2. Demand overwhelms supply
3. Higher cost of fertilizer for organic crops
4. Crop rotation
5. Post-harvest handling cost
6. Organic certification
7. Cost of covering higher loss
8. Better living conditions for livestock
9. Organic food grows more slowly
Until then, try to get most of your organic food from farmers markets. You’ll be supporting local farmers and purchasing the food at a reduced price since you’re cutting out the middle-man retailer. You can plug in your city or zip code and get a list of all of the farmers markets in your area.
Comments will be approved before showing up.